Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Hello all, I hope today was a wonderful day for everyone! It was a great first week at the store and I am very pleased with the traffic and response thus far! I am confident each day will bring new ideas from our heads and new people through the door. We want to keep people interested and therefore we will be changing things up a bit so people will always find a small surprise when they come in the door. We are hoping to add some fabric and glass artists soon!

We are featuring some wonderful wines as well, Twin Vines Venho Verde and Snap Dragon Red...I love it when people want to sample...because I get to join in! Shame. It's tough work.

We are going to be in the paper this week for an article on our opening so I will post that for you to see.

I am also hoping you shared this day with your loved ones and that you soaked up every minute of togetherness. I planted five flowers today in honor of my dad. He would have loved knowing I was playing in the dirt. Three of the shrubs I planted were actually from the farm he grew up on in Cumberland Co. He would be proud. Gardening is a thing in our family and it is my form of art. I've told you before I can't draw or paint, but I do love being creative in my yard.

I think he would also think it is cool having a store named after him.

Be good and stay in touch.

1 comment:

Brittany Wright-Thompson said...

Well, jeez! I just boo-hooed. What a great post Mere. Love ya!