Friday, August 28, 2009

Ginger, Nola and Doughtnuts???

Today you get two postings from me...I know, woo hoo! I am inspired to write because I had two special treats today. The first treat came in the form of Nola, a super-cute, sweet, furry, four-legged girl whom I have only seen in pictures thus far. Such a doll baby. Next time I know I will win her over. The second treat was provided by Nola's mom, Ginger, as she brought Britt and I cream filled doughnuts from the Brownie Bakery in Little Washington just because she knew we needed it this week. There were 12 in the box and I promise you, there are 11 left and it is 11:00 in the evening. I have no idea why I haven't devoured say, five, in the eight hours they have been in my possession. Must be because I have been concentrating on the postings for the blog and being a very good girl. (Note to the Brownie Bakery...Yummy!)I had the pleasure of meeting Ginger after my sister, Brittany, photographed her and her sisters' (also named Brittany) dogs for a rescue dog book, a wonderful work in progress. At the photo shoot, my Brittany learned that Ginger sews bags in cool fabrics. Bells started going off and since we were looking for someone who sewed bags, we asked Ginger to bring some of her goodies by the gallery.

Little did Brittany and I know that Ginger is this incredible ball of energy and a plethora of information. We talk her poor ears off every time she comes into the store. (What? Britt and I talk your ears off? I know, what a surprise!) She can provide info for just about anything you are looking for and knows just the right people to help get you to where you want to go. We realized it was a very small world in many ways and that we also share a love of Africa. She even knows where Danville, VA is....Not only is she an animal lover and a creator of the cutest bags as seen here and for sale in the gallery, she is the founder of the non-profit organization, Hope Aid International. After visiting Uganda, Ginger realized something needed to be done to assist and as a result, Hope Aid was founded. Proceeds from the sale of her bags go to support Hope Aid.


I could tell you about the organization but I know it would be worth your time to visit the Hope Aid site at http://www.hopeaid.org/ to learn more. Her blog I See Hope will inspire you and make you laugh too http://iseehope.blogspot.com/.

MyleStone Gallery is so pleased to have Ginger as one of our artists. She has become a fast friend and earned big points today by bringing Nola and the doughnuts. No really, we would still like her even if she didn't bring doughnuts. Really, we would. As long as she still brings Nola to see us.

Now, eight hours is plenty long to have gone without a doughnut. You have your two postings, I can have my two doughnuts.

1 comment:

Just A Tish said...

I love when you blog - they are always so exciting to read. I can feel your excitement as you write! Thanks for the great links and the information about the great causes!

I see a bag in my future!! I need something to carry my jewelry making supplies with me, something chic and fun, like me!!