Friday, August 21, 2009

Things Happen for a Reason

Ever had one of those days where you just knew someone was watching over you and bringing together things and people in your life at the same place at the same time. I did. Today.

I had an old friend (let's call him "A") from my much, much younger days in VA and a 'newer' old friend ("B" shall we say) and a new acquaintance ("C") all at MyleStone at the same time. The old friend and his family from VA surprised me on their way home from Aurora. Yes, Aurora. I had no idea people from Southern VA even knew about Aurora, but they did. They were kind of enough to stop and see me and the store and I was thrilled! They picked up a six-pack of Duck Rabbit beer so they will surely get a good taste of Eastern NC, specifically, Farmville!

My 'newer' old friend, "B", was also a dear, dear friend to my Dad. She became a life-line for my famiy in 2003 and her friendship has become one of my most treasured. She had her dog, Sadie, with her who also has a special story.

Then a new acquaintance, "C", came in the door and there was a connection as well between "B", "C" and my dad, sister and I, plus a few wild horses. Confused yet? Well, simply, it's a darn small world and although I shed some tears today, I was warm with the thought of why we were all in the same place, MyleStone.

If you have followed my blog, you know why I named the store MyleStone and what it means to me. I was nostalgic today and re-lived some very good memories and I also remembered that we are where we are in life for a reason. I believe people are brought into our lives for a reason and we end up in places for a reason. I'm here now to share MyleStone with you.

I had a good day today. Come see us.

1 comment:

The Sparrow Still Sings in the Rain... said...

Meredith,
I'm sorry we haven't gotten together on a local card rack.
I continue to work on it and doing some writing for Jackie to publish in Farmville News where space allows.
Be glad to send you some files to take a look at and a picture of the rack I propose for Canvas Cards. Take care. I too believe in folks coming into our lives for a reason. God has blessed me and my wife with many of those special people you mention. Continued success!
gary