Monday, July 27, 2009

So how did the ribbon cutting and wine tasting go??


Fabulous! Simply wonderful! More than I expected!

I could go on and on. I was touched by the turnout and by the folks who seemed to have such a genuinely good time. I had a blast meeting new people and watching folks socialize with old friends. Ms. Mary Morrison Dixon played the piano for us and I thought the whole thing was was just very classy. (If I must say so myself.) I believe this might have been Farmville's very fist wine tasting event and what a pleasure to be the one hosting the evening.

I am very thankful for my dear friends who came to support me, some I haven't seen in years! I guess it didn't hurt that I had wine there either?? No really, they were there to see me and the gallery right? RIGHT? No way could it be just the wine.

I was simply undone by the outpouring of support from the community and MyleStone patrons. The mayor said some very kind words and the tears were right on the verge of spilling over. I couldn't look at Britt or Mom because they were both brimming too.

I will have more pics to post once Britt hands them over.

We will be hosting another wine tasting in early September. School starts in August and we want to let people get back into the swing of things. We are already looking forward to a wonderful event again!

I hope to see you there at the next one!

No comments: