Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Looking Back...nope, Looking Forward

As always at this time of year we reflect on how the past twelve months progressed and run our checks and balances to see if we actually got out of the year what we intended. I am the kind of person that reflects A LOT. Thing is, it's always poor Ben who gets to hear my ramblings when I reflect. No doubt my neighbors think I am nuts talking to a Chocolate Lab as we walk by their house.

Ok, to my point...2009 has been a wonderful year. I have become reacquainted with more people on Facebook, gained more weight than I intended, visited Brazil (again), planted some new plants, became even closer to my baby sister (if that's even possible) and opened a little shop in downtown Farmville, NC. Not a bad year.

I could go on and on about the things I didn't do in 2009 (so glad I don't make resolutions, I just break them anyway) but I think I will spare you the details of those things. I just know that all the little mistakes I make are character-building exercises, or so I am told. I know, however, that this coming year will be the start of my 40th year and I do plan to make some changes. I will be riding the bike my sister gave me all over town, I will be smiling more, meeting new people, giving back more to my community and try to live the life God has intended for me.

I started 2009 knowing I would open MyleStone. Work had already begun on the building in the Fall of 2008 and I was pleased as punch when my dream became a reality in June of this year. What I didn't know is that opening the gallery would also bring the joy of meeting some fantastic folks. The artists, wine reps and customers of MyleStone are simply the best. I have customers I now call 'friends' and artists that have changed the way I think about art. It has been an incredibly enriching experience. For a couple of girls not from here, Brittany and I feel a part of this community and we could not be more proud. You can expect many more good things from MyleStone.

It has been a great year and I am very blessed. No doubt there will be trials and tribulations ahead in 2010. I expect those things. They only make us stronger.

I wish you all the best in 2010. May peace and happiness be yours. Remember all those character building exercises won't hurt for long.
Promise.

Be safe and take care and come see us.

No comments: