Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I'm Floored

Time for a floor update...I know you are excited. I have shown some before pictures of the floor in a previous post but I have kindly included some before shots again for you. I want everyone to see just how much fun we have had throughout this process...

We were delighted to find concrete and what looked like brick pavers under all the layers (this ranged from vinyl and cardboard tiles) of old flooring!
We, (well, not really we, but my contractor) scraped and sanded each tile in the front of the building to reveal my wonderful floor. The pic here shows the floor before I put my sealer on this week.

Now, the creme de la creme, is the platform yours truly designed :) I passed on my grand plan to my contractor who worked his magic and made it all happen. (I love being the thinker-upper of all things wonderful.) The concrete at the back of the storefront area was not in good condition and something had to be done. With so much brick and concrete I wanted a different texture and this is what we came up with...


I love it. My friend wants me to add a pole in the center....

3 comments:

Metallo Bianco Jewelry said...

Wow! It looks great!

Just A Tish said...

i agree with your friend :)

it gets better every time i see it! go girl!

Jeanne Rhea said...

And I saw it in person! Really a nice gallery with lots of character. All the hard work is paying off! Meredith, I wish you the best!