Monday, April 6, 2009

Now on to the paint for the back wall


So, as you can see from previous posts, I was quite excited about the HVAC and the ceiling paint! I know a bit silly to most, but it's so much fun to see things coming together. Now I am in a bit of a dilemma with paint for the back focal wall. See, I have a problem deciding at times on just the right color. When I decide I want to paint something, my sister has a tendency to look at me and say, "Just pick a color". Easy for her to say. My mother thought it was funny one day when I was trying to decide on the color for my bedroom in my very first house among the various shades of blue I had sampled on the wall. We walk into the Sherwin Williams store to decide on this blue, I pick up a color chip from the yellow family and point to a color and say "This is what I want for the kitchen." She just sort of looked at me with that puzzled look you moms tend to give. She thought we were picking out a blue for the bedroom. I just wanted to keep things interesting is all.

The same applies to the gallery. I want a certain feel and attitude. I want people to experience something when they enter the store. I want them to be interested. With that said, I have gone through a few different shades to determine what is right.

As you can see from the pic, I have a few colors I am trying to decide on. This weekend I decided on green. Yes, green. And no, your eyes aren't failing, you don't see it on any of the colors on the wall. But that's just me. I sometimes have to try all the things I know will not work, knowing all along what will work. Hmmm, sounds a lot like life.

No comments: